Skills building through Lego(R) Six Bricks
Lower primary children
The children get to practice their memory, movement, creativity and more during this workshop which helps develop their executive functioning skills.
Executive functioning skills help children remember and follow multi-step instructions, avoid distractions, control rash responses, adjust when rules change, persist at problem solving, and manage long-term assignments.
- Welcome & Pre-workshop activity
- Ice Breaker
- Perception Skills Activities
- Literacy Skills Activities
- Mat Activities
- Physical Activities
Empowerment Through Design Thinking
Parents and guardians who are beneficiaries/members of Charities keen to apply Design Thinking principles to address daily challenges and improve family well-being.
7 hours (divided into two sessions of 3.5 hours each)
By the end of this course, participants will have a foundational understanding of Design Thinking principles. They will be equipped with skills to apply the techniques to address their daily challenges, leading to enhanced problem-solving capabilities and improved family well-being.
- Introduction to the Course
- Understanding Design Thinking
- Research Methodologies for Everyday Challenges
- Creative Problem Solving for Families
- Implementing Solutions with Basic Project Management
- Conclusion and Way Forward
- Additional Resources and Support
Introduction to financial literacy
Young working adults
Young working adults will be able to perform basic budgeting and will be equipped with more knowledge on financial fundamentals such as savings, protection and investments.
- Introduction: welcome address
- Financial goal setting: Next 10-15 years
- Insurance (Protection)
- Endowment and investments (Growth)
- Understanding Central Provident Fund
- Closing and resources
Get started on LinkedIn
If you are new to the workforce or a mid-career job-seeker interested to learn how to set up a LinkedIn professional profile, this session is suitable for you.
You should be able to read and write in English and have a laptop to bring to the session.
Juanita Mega & Wendy Goh
At the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Understand the purpose and uses of LinkedIn
- Set-up your own Linkedin profile
- Understand how to enhance their LinkedIn profiles
- Learn strategies for raising your profile and using LinkedIn for networking and making connections
- Introduction to LinkedIn
- purpose, features, benefits
- Know how to navigate the LinkedIn interface
- Create your profile
- you will be guided step-by-step, with hands-on application on how to set up your LinkedIn profile
- Enhance your LinkedIn profile
- learn how to highlight skills, work experiences and accomplishments
- learn the importance of identifying and integrating keywords into your profile to optimise profile search
- Learn strategies for networking and connecting on Linkedin
- discussions and hands-on exercise on networking etiquette and making/receiving connection requests
- Engaging with content
- navigating the LinkedIn feed and participating in discussions
Building Resilience and Self-confidence in Teenagers
13 – 17 year olds (Teenagers).
Adolescents will learn through interactive and scenario-based activities to understand the various emotional states and how to communicate effectively to build resilience and self-confidence to improve their interaction with others.
These activities aim to equip them with valuable insights and strategies that are suitable for their daily application, enabling them to effectively navigate diverse situations.
- Introduction: Understanding Resilience and Self-Confidence
- Positive self-talk
- Self-care and well-being
- Emotion charades
- Resilience journal
- Building a “Compliment Chain”
- “What Would You Do?” Scenarios
- Closing: Mindfulness and Breathing Exercises